Access for individuals who have completed BIAC Level 1 safety training (including the quiz and NUO), and who have a completed safety screening form and SOP Signature Sheet on file in the BIAC office.
Level 1 individuals are authorized for the following:
Level 1 individuals are prohibited from the following:
Example Level 1 individuals:
How to obtain BIAC Level 1 Access
1. SOPs Read all relevant SOP’s (as indicated on the BIAC Level 1 MRI Access: Signature Sheet). Level 1 individuals are required to sign off on each of these SOP’s acknowledging that they have read, understood, and agree to follow all of the guidelines set in place. Violation of BIAC policies and procedures may result in a lack of scanning privileges. All SOP’s are available on the SOP Page, found in the Research section of our website.
3. Safety Quiz Complete the online MRI Safety Quiz to demonstrate your understanding of the material covered in the safety tutorial and video. You will have 15 minutes to pass the quiz. If you fail the quiz, you will have to wait 1 day before trying it again.
4. MRI Screening Form Complete the MRI Screening Form
5. BIAC New User Orientation BIAC New User Orientations will be offered on a demand basis. Topics to be covered include: facilities, scheduling, calendar entries, MR safety, scan session, BIAC resources, BIAC billing system, and FAQs. In addition to the material being presented, new Users will have the opportunity to ask questions or seek clarification on BIAC policies and procedures.
Please contact BIAC’s Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC), Marissa Bruce to register.
6. Completed Forms and Card Access Your completed forms (BIAC Level 1 MRI Access: Signature Sheet and MRI Screening Form) can be hand delivered to the BIAC Main Office, emailed to us firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to (919) 681-7033. Once you have sent us your completed forms, send an email to email@example.com with your Duke Unique ID and your HID-Activated Duke Card Number. (If your card number starts with 6033, instead please send the 6-digit HID number at the bottom on the back of the card.) You should CC your BIAC sponsor on the email, so they can confirm the access request.
Once these steps have been completed, you will be granted security access to the MRI suite and Level I MRI Access within 1-2 days.
If you have questions regarding any step in the process, or materials contained within the SOP’s, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who have have completed BIAC Level 2 safety training and who have a safety screening form on file in the BIAC Office.
Level 2 individuals have all Level 1 authorizations and the following:
Level 2 individuals are prohibited from the following:
Example of Level 2 individuals:
How to obtain BIAC Level 2 Access This type of access is available for individuals who have have completed the BIAC Level 2 safety training and received the proper approvals. This access is typically limited to one person per department. Special approval is required from a Core BIAC Faculty* as well as the Director, Dr. Allen Song. This training also requires observing scan sessions with an MR technologist. Please contact the BIAC front office for more information email@example.com.
*Core BIAC Faculty: Aysenil Belger ~ Nan-Kuei Chen ~ Gabriel Dichter ~ Todd Harshbarger ~ Scott Huettel ~ Chris Lascola ~ Dave Madden ~ Joe McClernon ~ Rajendra Morey ~ Jeff Petrella ~ Allen Song ~ Trong-kha Truong ~ Jim Voyvodic
Individuals who have have completed BIAC Level 3 safety training or have demonstrated equivalent MRI competency with BIAC approval.
Level 3 individuals have all Level 1 and 2 authorizations and the following:
Level 3 individuals are prohibited from the following:
Example of Level 3 individuals:
How to obtain BIAC Level 3 Access This type of access is limited to individuals who have completed Level 3 BIAC safety training or have demonstrated equivalent MRI competency with BIAC approval. This access is limited to Faculty, postdocs and research assistants who have been approved by the BIAC director for training as an MRI operator. Please contact the BIAC front office for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description coming soon!
Level 4 individuals have all Level 1, 2 and 3 authorizations and the following:
For more information on the different access levels, please visit our SOP101 page.