fScan Reference Manual, Chapter 2 (CmdLineOptions): table_query
Usage: -table query TBLNAME FLAG NEWNAME COL [VALUE1] [VALUE2]
NEWNAME is where to store the results if FLAG & 3, or if NEWNAME is not a column name in TBLNAME.
COL can be a column index number (1-NCols) or a column name.
(To find column index from column name, use FLAG 16.)
VALUE1 is the value to search for in COL, or if FLAG&4 VALUE1 is the index number (1-NRows) of the row to return. Note: you can also find the value for a single table cell using the syntax “$tblname(col,row)” where COL and ROW indices, 1-NCols and 1-NRows, respectively.
If VALUE1 is omitted and !FLAG&24, all of COL is returned.
VALUE2: if FLAG&64, VALUE2 is a binary mask value ANDed with COL values before comparison to VALUE1; otherwise VALUE2 is the column number whose value(s) should be returned when COL matches VALUE1. If VALUE2 is omitted and !FLAG&24, whole matching rows are returned.
FLAG: Option flags (combine by adding):
* 1 - store into uservarb NEWNAME
* 2 - store into table NEWNAME
* 4 - VALUE1 is a row number
* 8 - only return row number(s)
* 16 - only return column number
* 32 - only find first instance
* 64 - VALUE2 is a binary mask to use for COL value
* 128 - inverse query; search for COL values that don't match; this is automatic if VALUE1 is preceded by '!'
* 256 - don't display error message on query failure
* 512 - find COL with missing value (assumed if VALUE1 = 'NULL')
* 1024 - do not convert 'NULL' in VALUE1 to missing value